Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Woody Allen - he's the man!

filme My Philosophy
Can we actually "know" the universe? My God, it's hard enough finding your way around in Chinatown.

Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends.


Annie Hall (1977)
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.

I thought of that old joke: This guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, 'Doc, my brother's crazy, he thinks he's a chicken.' And the doctor says, 'Well why don't you turn him in?' and the guy says, 'I would, but I need the eggs.' Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships. They're totally irrational and crazy and absurd, but I guess we keep going through it because most of us need the eggs.


A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy (1982)
Sex alleviates tension. Love causes it.

Radio Days (1987)
What a world. It could be so wonderful if it wasn't for certain people.

Manhattan (1979)
It's just gossip, you know. Gossip is the new pornography.

Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989)
My love life is terrible. The last time I was inside a woman was when I visited the Statue of Liberty.

Zelig (1983)
I'm twelve years old. I run into a synagogue. I ask the rabbi the meaning of life. He tells me the meaning of life but he tells it to me in Hebrew. I don't understand Hebrew. Then he wants to charge me $600 for Hebrew lessons.

Standup Comic (1964-1968)
I feel sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic.

When I was kidnapped, my parents snapped into action. They rented out my room.


Mere Anarchy (2007)
To a man standing on the shore, time passes quicker than to a man on a boat — especially if the man on the boat is with his wife.

others...
Life is like a concentration camp... you can't leave without dying

Life doesn't imitate art, it imitates bad television.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying. I don't want to live on in the hearts of my countrymen; I want to live on in my apartment.

I believe there is something out there watching over us – unfortunately it's the government.

Having sex is like playing bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.

God is either cruel or incompetent.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.

Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem.


admitam..ele é bom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pra inovar, começo com o p.s.: pensava que ias xonar lol

continuando...
2ª feira não consegui acordar, nem com 2 despertadores (incluindo o do Pooh) nem com a família. Grave eu sei. Quando consegui finalmente abrir os olhos, arrumei o quarto, tive na bicicleta do sótão por meia-hora, investiguei sobre a Infertilidade pro trabalho de grupo de MTICS, e depois segui pra aula das 17h. Dei boleia a uma colega minha de Telheiras, depois de um breve "teto-à-teto" (é assim que se escreve?), portanto, cheguei a casa às 19h30 e fomos jantar ao Corcel. Os pais foram pras compras, eu continuei tpcs e dps vi a novela com o Guilherme, que foi um querido e me quis fazer companhia. Ainda deu tempo pra ver o último do "Brothers&Siters", fazer videos no WMM e rever o filme "Love and Others Disasters" (que é lindo!) até às 4h.

Today, ou melhor Yesterday (já passou da meia-noite), também me custou a acordar. Arrumei o quarto, entreti-me na net, mandei um e-mail à profª de MTICS e segui pra única aula das 14h-17h. Depois fui pro Lumiar, bebi café no "Lisbonne Café", continuei a ler o livro "O Sorriso das Estrelas" (como te disse) e depois segui pra casa com a Ve vinda toda suada do treino de Voley, numa altura em que coloquei a hipótese do Smart poder ser levado pelo vento (sim não se aguenta lá fora). A caminho de casa começou a chover, pra ajudar à festa. Antes de jantar ainda deu tempo pra passar apontamentos e depois de jantarmos os quatro (o pai foi pra Oxford às 18h30) ajudei a Ve num TPC de Inglês, vimos a novela, completei a agenda e agora tou a acabar de comentar o teu blog, antes de acabar o TPC de Teorias da Representação,fazer o de Espanhol e, com sorte, ainda passar a ferro...

Haste luego hermana,

besiños (isto não existe, mas besos é horroroso lol)

Anonymous said...

grande falha, não comentei o genial Woody Allen. Não sei se "he's the man!" but...let's see:

apesar de ainda não ter tido oportunidade de ver nenhum dos filmes que mencionaste, excepto algumas cenas de "The Radio Days" na tal aula de Análise e Interpretação Fílmica, vi o "Match Point" (2005) e o "Scoop" (2006), onde ele contracena brilhantemente com a Scarlett Johansson e com o Hugh Jackman e dá pra ver como ele é "especial". Mas vamos lá às quotes...

- Quanto ao "universe" e ao "God" não podia estar mais de acordo;
- medo de morrer não tenho felizmente, já tenho medos suficientes;
- sexo=aliviar a tensão ainda não experimentei lol;
- mundo não para todas as pessoas, talvez...mas como distinguiríamos e daríamos valor às pessoas boas se não existessem más? aliás, este tema é bastante subjectivo...basta virem a minha casa (atenção, não é um convite);
- gossip, só "Gossip Girl" lol (já sei, viciada! já fui mais)
- my love life is not terrible, is inexistent, but my family and the university work keep me occupied;
- "the meaning of life" lol, esta nem comento pk nem em hebreu me dão uma resposta;
- sexo em grupo também não está nos meus planos;
- raptada? só se for por aliens!
- tendo em conta a metáfora da costa/barco, sou testemunha real disso mesmo (claro que estou na costa);
- "Life is like a concentration camp" because you try everything to survive;
- "Life imitates bad television" hum...sim se considerarmos os Morangos com Açúcar Série 22ª (calma, só vai na 6ª lol);
- não quero atingir a imortalidade, portanto vampiros não me convertam, vivo pelos outros e ponto final;
- a do "government" está de génio, mas preferia os ETs;
- ok, de novo parceiros sexuais, sou virgem caraças!
- God doens't exist, i'm sorry, i know it was much easier to accept death as God's Will, but that's simply stupid (pra não dizer outra coisa);
- "Eternity" nem da Calvin Klein;
- i don't have confidence so i didn't understand the last quote...

anyway, too dramatic or honest for you folks? who cares?

(p.s. fugindo ao assunto, tou crack no xadrez do pc lol)